Thursday 30 August 2007

Bank Holiday in Falmouth






We had a fantastic weekend's diving in Falmouth diving with Kate, Pete, Wal and Stu. It was great being back in the water with Kate who shares a very similar outlook to diving as me and is so laid back never uses air! We quickly tuned back into each others underwater signals and enjoyed the Mohegan down in the Manacles and a fantastic dive with Wal in the Narrows doing the three walls. Sunday saw us shore diving and Kate and I did two 60 minute dives - something I just didn't think I'd ever do in the UK. I saw not only my first ever cuttlefish (Kate wondering why I'm excitedly pointing at a large kelp leaf!) but 3 other cuttlefishes on the same dive - so they do exist! Finally we had one more dive on Wal's boat Monday morning and went east out of the channel. Another great dive to end the weekend, watching Wal's party tricks and seeing the largest ever urchins I've seen!! A fantastic weekend catching up with old friends and meeting new and some of the best UK diving I've done!

Unfortuantely I was struggling again with my camera, where I was getting so close to what I wanted to photograph (model student me!) my strobe was burning out most of the images. I need to learn where and when to position the strobe next... Never ending this photgraphy lark!

1 comment:

Jilly Fish said...

Nice pics. Think you are starting to lose it though girl hour dives in the UK !!!!! Try putting a sitemeter on your page you get to see how mant people round the world are looking at your blog. I am trying to beat my bro with how many countries. If you look at the bottom of mine you can go on it then get the address to do yours.