Thursday 9 August 2007

Deep South Red Sea Trip


At the end of June I joined the lads and lasses from Sunderland Scuba Centre on the Blue Horizon where were dived at St Johns, Fury Shoals and Elphinestone.

We had a fantastic week of diving, usually 4 a day starting at dawn (*eek!*) and finishing with a night dive (when I didn't bottle it!)

The crew and guides, Dray, Chris and Karin were fantastic, Dray in particular giving me the heads up on which lens would be best for each of the dive sites I visited. They told me where I could try and find the interesting stuff I was looking for (although the rare sighting of a Chris Spanish Dancer wasn't quite what I had in mind!)

Jonathan turned from wreck head to fabulous photo subject spotter and HUGE thanks to him for his patience, especially at the Gorgonian Fans on Elphinstone when he was one side coaxing the Long Nosed Hawkfish through the otherside to me with my camera!!

I've posted one of the pics I took of the tugboat wreck at Fury Shoals, a great subject with masses of hard and soft corals growing.

2 comments:

Jilly Fish said...

Dave the turtle has died. he was taken out of the water the other day as he was losing weight and very sick he died 2 days after being taken into care.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, wreck head to fish spotter, oh the shame :o( ;o)

Blog is looking fab, I have added to favourites so I expect to see loads of updates.

Just read sad news about Dave :o(

Have fun and dive safe :o)